RE: Grass and weeds?

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Grass and weeds?
  • From: "Vernon Brown" <vgbro@peoplepc.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:36:16 -0500

There is a product called HI-Yield Grass Killer ( used to be called POAST)
that can be sprayed direcly over the iris and will kill many types of grass
like bermuda, hybrid turf grasses, etc.
We have been using it here for a number of years with no success until this
year when a friend told us to use a 'sticker' ( makes the chemical stick to
the foliage) and we are having a LOT of success this year.
Hope this helps :-)
Vernon Brown
Lubbock, Texas
Zone 7
Where it is 89 degrees today and 20+ mph wind.

What is the best way to keep grass and weeds out of my iris beds? and
after i have them how do i do away with them? ;-) Thanks