Re: Spuria seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Spuria seedlings
  • From: patsiris@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:01:03 EDT

Dear Jayme,
I'm no a professional by any means, but last year I harvested several pods on
my Spurias when the stalks were dry and tan, late summer.   They may
eventually pop open like bearded and LAs, but this had not happened.   I
opened the pods and the seeds were round, dry, and fully formed.   I planted
them in shallow rows and now have lots of about 10" seedlings growing there.
 I will move them further apart this fall.   I would guess that they take a
little longer to mature to blooming size than TBs, but are very easy to start.
                                                    Pat in Dallas