Re: Grass and weeds?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Grass and weeds?
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 08:37:21 +1000

> know were I could purchase it?  Also you mentioned a sticker that made it

Often dishwashing liquid is used as a sticker for poisons.  I have never
tried it myself, but I know of its use.  It breaks down the "beading"
effect of water so that the droplets do not run off the plant, giving it
time to be absorbed by the plant.

Only a tiny amount is needed though.  I assume it effects the meniscus
(surface tension of the water) which is why a small amount works so well
without having a coating effect on the plants.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!