Re: Grass and weeds?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Grass and weeds?
  • From: "robert stewart" <crusher4@wnclink.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 19:06:58 -0400

Thanks loads for the info.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Tyerman
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 6:37 PM

  > know were I could purchase it?  Also you mentioned a sticker that made it

  Often dishwashing liquid is used as a sticker for poisons.  I have never
  tried it myself, but I know of its use.  It breaks down the "beading"
  effect of water so that the droplets do not run off the plant, giving it
  time to be absorbed by the plant.

  Only a tiny amount is needed though.  I assume it effects the meniscus
  (surface tension of the water) which is why a small amount works so well
  without having a coating effect on the plants.

  Paul Tyerman
  Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8

  Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Lilium, Aroids, Irises
  plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor