Re:REF:RIS Checklist vs Recorder

  • Subject: Re:REF:RIS Checklist vs Recorder
  • From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 22:08:28 -0600

The Recorder is the best one to get, as it lists which ones will rebloom in
which zone-- I found out the hard way that some which say they will
rebloom--do not in the colder climates--
At my first AIS convention, I was on the bus with Dr. Weiler-- and learned
about rebloomers--so was quite enthused about them--and figured that the
best for rebloom would be Medians--cause they bloom earlier--and would be
more likely to rebloom---good theory--but it did not work out that way--
The only one that ever rebloomed here was so ugly that when we saw the
rebloom--we ripped it out and it went into the garbage pile--

So--you should buy from growers who are in the same zone as you are--or a
colder zone--and do some looking and reading--about the rebloomers--else you
might be very disappointed when they do not rebloom in your area.

Carryl in western Montana--zone 3/4--where we had our show today--and the
won Best of Show