Re: soaking seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] soaking seeds
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:38:16 EDT

In a message dated 6/10/2001 2:34:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
irises@senet.com.au writes:

<< Every time you flush they get drained and covered
 in nice fresh water, works wonders. you can do more than 100 crosses at once
 if you have to.  >>

Colleen, I've always liked the sound of this for spring plantings, but when
would/do you plant these seed?  I plant in late fall or early winter for
sprouting the next spring. The winter rains accomplish the same thing?  If I
have seed held over in the spring will this work as well as my fall planting?

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.