Re: soaking seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] soaking seeds
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 12:39:24 +1000

I soak and refrigerate for autumn planting, to get earlier germination. In
our climate the winter months are the milder ones (cf summer) and so the
earlier in autumn/winter they germinate the better. I have autumn planted
the dry seeds but got much more sporadic and later germination.Certainly, if
I wanted to germinate any other time of year I would have to soak and
refrigerate. Our rainfall, outside of winter, is far too uncertain.

Colleen Modra
 South Aust