Re: soaking seeds

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] soaking seeds
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:38:20 EDT

In a message dated 6/11/2001 2:49:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
irises@senet.com.au writes:

<< I soak and refrigerate for autumn planting, to get earlier germination. In
 our climate the winter months are the milder ones >>

Oh!  I'm jealous!  Mike Sutton did mention getting first year bloom (in a
similar climate.)  Most years I'm lucky to get 2nd year bloom.  I got my
seedlings planted in this unexpected cool spell and have high hopes for bloom
on the 2000 crop.

I did want to know when you were planting.  Thanks.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.