TB; (sic): OWYHEEs

  • Subject: TB; (sic): OWYHEEs
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- wmoores <wmoores@watervalley.net> wrote:
> While you are working with the 'spray' patterns, can you
> try working
> some height into OWYHEE DESERT and its siblings? They are
> sprayed all
> over.  Here, the flowers are huge but on stalks about a
> foot tall.  I
> noticed this in Dallas last year at the convention.  Are
> they short
> everywhere?
>
> Walter Moores
> Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

   V. sez:
   I have both OWYHEE AMETHYST and OWYHEE DESERT (which are
sibs), and both were short (12") for me. I have seen OD in
one other garden in PA, and it was about the same height.
   One recent PA transplant from Idaho assures me that it
grew tall in Lucille Pinkston's (the hybridizer's) garden.

=====
Vince Lewonski
vincelewonski@yahoo.com
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b