Re: OT: Northern Tour

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] OT: Northern Tour
  • From: abefeuerstein@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:44:40 EDT

Ditto Walter comments concerning the gardens.  I am told that we only
scratched the surface of the iris touring gardens that were available to
view.  Sounds like they are ready for a national.

One note:  I though the old Lorilee was spectacular in all of the gardens,
too.  Years ago at a symposium Robert Schreiner observed that we need more
"zonal" patterns.  Seeing Lorilee, and noting the lack of newer irises in
that pattern, means that he is right.

Walter -- isn't it interesting how the newest judges sometimes give the best
judges training sessions.

Regards, Abe