TB: rebloom

  • Subject: TB: rebloom
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <irises@senet.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:52:02 +1000

Hi

I've just had a chance to check the garden, has been rather wet lately, had
4" over the last 4-5 days (that's a lot for us)
Bountiful Harvest has been blooming nonstop for about 3 months. Feedback is
still going. Anxious budded up, then aborted. Corn Harvest is flowering. New
Moon looks stunning. It is a bit short, but has 10 buds on it's stem and
shows not the stightest trace of weather damage and it's form is wonderful.
If it had been one of my new purchases I'd have been thrilled, talk about
been able to hold it's own against allcomers. This one deserved it's Dykes.
My other surprise was Olyparico. It ususlly blooms late July-early Aug and
then a secondary bloom in Oct, but it is heading up now, it will be the
earliest I've ever had it bloom. Also growing like crazy.
The season may have broken late this year (3 weeks ago) but we've had good
rains since so I'm looking forward to lots of winter rebloom, hope we don't
get too many heavy frosts.

Colleen Modra
South Aust
Zone 8/9