Re: TB; (sic): OWYHEEs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB; (sic): OWYHEEs
  • From: Carol Canfield <Carolcc5@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:36:03 -0700 (PDT)

Owyhee Desert has bloomed two years for me with a very
moderate sized, but beautiful, bloom on about a 12"
stalk.  I figure that it must like a much colder
climate, being from Idaho.  Or it may want some
altitude, to give it some altitude. (Sorry.)  Here in
central TX a lot of TB's grow shorter than elsewhere.
We like Tom Burseen's varieties 'cause they can take
our climate, and still get big and tall.  OD also
hasn't shown much increase.  Someone!  Please improve
it!

Carol