Re: CULT: Starting TBs in Cold Frame

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Starting TBs in Cold Frame
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 07:30:26 -0400

< I'm planning to do a dry run this year with some bee pod seeds, as
I've never tried raising iris from seeds.  Thought I'd try starting some
ASAP and wintering them over in the cold frame.  Anybody have any
experience/advice doing this in a similar zone?
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, zone 5. >

That's more or less the experiment I was thinking of also, but using
Reemay as a substitute for the cold frame.  I got no response, so you
and I may be pioneering this approach.  Or else all the hybridizers are
too exhausted from the AIS national and TBIS field trip to comment <g>

Since I had such poor germination the last two years, I figure it won't
hurt to try something new.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8