Re: SPEC: Neomarica caerulea

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] SPEC: Neomarica caerulea
  • From: "robert stewart" <crusher4@wnclink.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:49:35 -0400

Hi Jan,

Sure surprised to see you live in Australia,  Nice surprise for I don't know anybody from there.    I don't have any iris seed now but in the Spring I should have some tall bearded iris seed of named varieties.  Got a really nice pink from my seed last year.  Already have planted my iris seed.  This year I will have seed from hybrid daylilies.  Would you be interested in daylily seed.  What colors would you like in daylilies.  Have seed of water iris and perhaps salmon colored water canna.  I in daylilies could try to get seed of a particular color.  Still may turn out different color for Pinks for instance have thrown reds, etc.  If you like I have a purple japanese iris may have seed this year.

my address:
Sandy Stewart
152 Cherry Springs Rd.
Old Fort, N.C.  28762

I'am in zone 7 here are you familiar with zones in the U.S.  What type of climate do you have seems it must be like mine in N.C.  So all my daylilies should do well there.  Forgot to mention Stellas they bloom all summer long and they surround my daylily patch.  There the longest blooming daylily there is.  Could send you seed from them.  Ask one thing of you if you get a similar flower to stella in height only different color and still blooms as long as stella let me know for I love stellas and would like to get other colors that are like stellas.  Love Stellas.  Could still send some seed from a daylily with 5-6 in bloom also.