SPEC:Wrong again

After reviewing my pictures, I think what I have been growing as Iris lazica
is in fact I. douglasiana, perhaps a dwarf form.   We know from previous
messages that ARGS was distributing seed from such a plant under the name I.
lazica.  I think this was the source for the plants from Arrowhead Alpines,
and those which I also saw this spring at Plant Delights.

I apologize for any confusion my postings might have caused.  The flowers in
my pictures are clearly not from the Unguiculares Series.

Anyhow, it's fine that I can grow I. douglasiana here.

Bill Shear
Department of Biology
Hampden-Sydney College
Hampden-Sydney VA 23943
(434)223-6172
FAX (434)223-6374
email<wshear@email.hsc.edu>
Moderating e-lists:

"Say, listen buddy, I can outgrabe any mome rath that ever lived!"  --James
Thurber