Re: Results of improved care this year

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Results of improved care this year
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 21:50:12 -0500

I find that some iris always need staking, because they have wimpy stalks, but it's not unusual that even a fat stalk may need to be propped up when it has a number of open flowers.  And if, for some reason, the stalks grow taller than their "official" height, that is, the one listed in the book by the hybridizer, well, then I guess it's only natural that one might have to do some staking or propping.  Certainly nohing to worry about; just enjoy those healthy-full-of-bloom stalks!

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net