Re: Re: CULT: Starting TBs in Cold Frame

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Starting TBs in Cold Frame
  • From: "MARVIN EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:36:04 -0700

Neil, I tried the experiment of planting seeds right of out of the pod into the garden last year.  Fortunately I used a bee pod I really didn't want.  I planted 36 seeds and only 10 sprouted.  That's not good enough.  I will continue soaking and chilling my seeds.  I get at least 75 percent germination that way.
Francelle Edwards at our cabin near Prescott, zone 6 were irises without water for 6 weeks still look good.