Re: HYB: Seedlings in Cold Frame

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Seedlings in Cold Frame
  • From: pbrooks@whidbey.net
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 04:33:23 -0000

I was interested in your saying that most of your crosses were wide.
I'm wondering how you measure "wide."  Different colors altogether?
Or patterns?  This is my first year of crossing, and I've made many
crosses within the same general color, as well as some wider --
mostly pinks with blues in my pursuit of the pink-with-blue-beard.
So I'd have some to compare germination-wise.

As sisters-in-growing-zone, I'd especially value your experience with
all this.

Patricia Brooks
Whidbey Island, WA, zone 8

--- In iris-talk@y..., "robert stewart" <crusher4@w...> wrote:
> Hi,
> New to iristalk was reading your info and decided to ask you why
you wish you were in zone 7.  Reason being and I am in zone 7.  Is
this a great place to start TB seed.  Where can seed be got.  Sure
learn alot in iristalk and meet some of the nicest people.
>                                    Sandy
Indianapolis,  a
>   solid zone 5.>
>   Apologies if you already have thought of this, but keep in mind
>   different crosses (and unfortunately, individual seeds within one
>   will possibly/probably respond to your treatments in different
ways.  So
>   we will need to split the seeds from each cross among
treatments.  Most