Re: TB :HIST: Suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB :HIST: Suggestions?
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:55:47 -0500
On 17 Jun 01, at 17:00, mike wrote:

> I'm putting together my wishlist and need some suggestions for the
> following styles of iris.  I prefer historics if possible.
   Not to be picky, but how historic do you want to get?  Forms vary over the
decades.  An 1910 iris is historic and so is a 1971.

> I am looking for a good yellow bitone.  Perhaps with sunny yellow falls
> topped by pale lemony standards.  I currently have two yellows, one self
> and one plicata, and would like to add something different.  I'm not fond
> of deep gold tones.
   Look at the HIPS web site for Ola Kala for a good yellow, but it may be
deeper in color than you want.

> Also looking for a really good pastel pink.  It seems all the pinks I see
> are closer to purple or peach than what I want.  Just straight 'baby girl
> pink' would be great.  Are there historics in this color?  If not any
> names of good moderns that aren't too ruffled?

    One Desire is a good historic pink from 1960.

    Not historic and terribly overlooked is Elect Lady, my favorite

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8