Re: TB HIST: Suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB HIST: Suggestions?
  • From: "MARVIN EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 17:41:27 -0700

Mike, I don't know where you live, but I have to put in a plug for my favorite historic iris.  It is Ruth's Love.  I don't have my books at hand right now to tell you the date of introduction, but it was sometime in the sixties.  Standards are light yellow, falls white with wide yellow rim.  It grows like a weed and is incredibly hardy.  Everywhere I have dropped rhizomes, they manage to grow and bloom, even in a desert area with no water.  Every spring it makes bright sunny patches under some of my orchard trees.  The stalks are tall and well branched, and the flowers are pretty too.  I don't dare plant it in my garden though.  It will take over.
Francelle Edwards,  taking it easy at a mountain cabin  Zone 6