Re: color change

I am pretty much a novice too, but I have never heard of an iris that
had such a dramatic color change from blue to yellow. I wonder if
anyone else out there had this experience?? I personally cannot
believe that it is possible.
Did you see the blue iris blooming and know for sure they were the
ones you replanted? Maybe there were some yellow ones, which did not
bloom in the original location, but favored the new location, and
that is what you see now.
As for planting too deep.....been there, done that... and they all
I think its a pretty common mistake for those of us used to planting
tulips, etc. Now I plant them where the rhizomes are sticking up just
a tad, or are so shallow, the first good rain exposes them a little;
and I haven't had any problems with that at all.
However, if they survived the deep planting, I think you would not
have to replant them now. They managed to overcome the obstacle.
Still can't believe a blue iris would turn to yellow under any