Re: TB HIST: Suggestions?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB HIST: Suggestions?
  • From: "MARVIN EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:21:10 -0700

The most beautiful form I have ever seen on a pink is Appleblossom Days, B. Hamner, '92.  It is large, beautifully ruffled and laced, with a fragrance like jasmine.  The color is light peach-pink.  The growth is average, and I have seen pineappling in it, but it still manages to make fair clumps.  My main goal of hybridizing is to get that form with a deep pink color that will grow more vigorously in this hot climate.  I have a number of its seedlings from different crosses, but the only one that bloomed so far didn't do it.  I'll post a picture of Appleblossom Days when I get back to the hot country where my photo scanner is.
Francelle Edwards, soon having to return to Glendale, AZ  zone 9