Thank you for the excellent show report.  I agree about Ring Around Rosy.  It was a prize I won last year.  I certainly wouldn't have spent that much for it; but it has made an excellent clump, put up two bloom stalks this spring; and I was astonished at the beauty of those ruffled white flowers delicately decorated in yellow and purple dancing above the deep green fans.  I crossed it with the bright pink/purple/gold luminata, New Leaf.  It will be fun to see what happens.
Francelle Edwards, still on vacation near Prescott, AZ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carol Fisher
  To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2001 12:27 AM
  Subject: [iris-talk] RE:SHOW RESULTS

  Show Results Mio Irisarians Hale,Mi June 16

  170 single stalk specimens 2 of our largest growers didn't make it.  30 arrangements
  Best Specimen Edith Wolford
  Queen's Table
  Jazzed up
  Olympic Pink
  Coronation Anthem SIB
  Before the Storm
  Blue Chip Pink
  Silver Medal
  Adam Cordes Youth who just out aged his youth standing with 15 blues out of 50 or 60
  Bronze Medal
  Kris Sorgenfrei
  11 blues out of 13 iris brought She also grew Before the Storm  on Queen's Table and had a Section Winner with Thornbird
  Evelyn Robart's Spageage Seedling 97-3801 a pink and light lavender Best Seedling of the Show beating out 2 Schreiner seedlings and Ed Attenberger's
  People's Favorite Iris was Darkside.
    After having since Ring Around The Rosie at the show most say it is much nicer than it's picture.
  We had TB's,BB', a MTB, SIB, Seedlings, pseudacorus, and l. custris

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click for Details