Re: CAT: Source wanted for collections of Dykes Medal Winners

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CAT: Source wanted for collections of Dykes Medal Winners
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:21:07 -0500

Tom:  Check the dealer/grower listings in the back of the AIS Bulletin, if you are an AIS member or have access to the Bulletin.  I'm quite sure (I did not make a point of checking now) that there are always a couple people who say they grow all the Dykes winners.  If you don't have the Bulletin e-mail me off-list and I'll check for you.  Mickey Schliefert Anson in Nebraska (her father worked with the Sass brothers) used to grow and sell all the DM winners, but I don't think she is in the business anymore and I haven't seen her at any recent Regional meetings either.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net