Re: TB: Slow Blacks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Slow Blacks
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:48:59 -0500

On 19 Jun 01, at 8:52, Arnold Koekkoek wrote:

> For a good-growing black iris, I think it is hard to beat SUPERSTITION.
> Others may be blacker but for good growing give me this one. Arnold

   I should have stated recent blacks that are what I call 'soot black.'  None of
of recent vintage do well here, and when BEFORE THE STORM passed from
the garden, I didn't bother to replace it because it was such a
struggle keeping it going.  Its children are struggling now.

   Yes, SUPERSTITION is still a dandy, but it is not as black as the soot blacks.

    Responding to Jeff Walters:

   TOM JOHNSON's beard is more yellow than orange in my soil and the violet
is not as dark as the picture.

    Responding to Mike Sutton:

    Maybe I should order BYE BYE BLACKBIRD from you.

    Why can't blacks grow like LET'S BOOGIE OR BRAZILIAN HOLIDAY?

    	Walter Moores
      Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8