Re: TB: Slow Blacks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: Slow Blacks
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:40:12 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/01 3:17:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wmoores@watervalley.net writes:

>    I should have stated recent blacks that are what I call 'soot black.'
> None of
> of recent vintage do well here, and when BEFORE THE STORM passed from
> the garden, I didn't bother to replace it because it was such a
> struggle keeping it going.  Its children are struggling now.
>
>    Yes, SUPERSTITION is still a dandy, but it is not as black as the soot
> blacks.
>
>     Responding to Jeff Walters:
>
>    TOM JOHNSON's beard is more yellow than orange in my soil and the violet
> is not as dark as the picture.

How much direct sunlight?

>     Responding to Mike Sutton:
>
>     Maybe I should order BYE BYE BLACKBIRD from you.

BBB has definitely been much better than ANVIL OF DARKNESS or MIDNIGHT OIL.
Blooms as BORDELLO ends and before SUPERSTITION begins.

>     Why can't blacks grow like LET'S BOOGIE OR BRAZILIAN HOLIDAY?

Maybe because BH is so superlative. Just wish it would bloom a little earlier.

Michael,Zone 9b and hotter.