Re: Hort. Dye to colour Roundup

  • Subject: Re: Hort. Dye to colour Roundup
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:38:17 +1000

Re "Horticultural Dye"......

I run a garden maintenance business and often use Glyphosate.  I mix it up
myself using the concentrated.  Works out much cheaper than buying the
commercially mixed stuff.  I find that adding a dye is invaluable to
identifying where you have sprayed, and more importantly, whether I have
sparyed something I didn't want to spray.

What do I use as a dye?????  Food colouring!!  I buy blue food colouring
from Woolworths.  I use the blue because it is a bit more unobtrusive than
the red.  A bit less obvious in my client's gardens but still useful to
identify.  The blue still shows up quite well, without using HUGE amounts
of it.  It gives a blue shade to plants I've sprayed.

Hope that is of some help.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia.  USDA equivalent - Zone 8
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!