Re: TB: GHOST TRAIN/was slow blacks

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: GHOST TRAIN/was slow blacks
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:31:45 -0700

>       You didn't say how close to black you thought it was, or just that
>deep purple.    Does it have a satin finish?   Looked that way in the catalog
>if I remember.   Sometimes vigor makes up for alot.    More input...
>Janet Natale
>zone 8 of Sc, MyrtleBeach

Dear Janet and talkers:

I personally did not get to see this bloom except in either bud form showing most of its color, or when it was closing up.  It happened right around the time I made my trip to California for the R15 Spring Trek and then followed it with a wild tour of N.Cal iris gardens.

I guess I will have to wait until next April to see it bloom here.

Phoenix, AZ  Zone 25 (or so it seems right now)
USAGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com