Re:Green Iris

  • Subject: Re:Green Iris
  • From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 10:39:14 -0600

Sterling Innerst has a new green Iris which actually appears green--we saw
it in the garden during the AIS Meeting--and Tony Derose has a very green
one--saw it last year --and it really is green!!!
I really do not understand why someone would go to all the work of
hybridizing a green flower--of any variety--stems and leaves are
green-usually--isn't that enough?  Why not try for RED IRIS--that would be a
great breakthrough in Iris colors--but green---YUK!!!
Carryl in western Montana  zone 3/4