CULT: Very late bloomers

  • Subject: CULT: Very late bloomers
  • From: jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:57:46 -0000

Friends -- Among the seedlings I am in the process of registering
this year are a few that are very late bloomers.  By very late, I
mean late May after our local shows are over.  We have a national
convention coming up here in 2003, and I anticipate that if I send
some of those rhizomes to our show gardens, they'll just do the usual
thing and bloom in those gardens after the Convention is over.  I
sent one of these to the Convention in Dallas, and it did the same
thing.  So, my question is whether sending them to any other part of
the country will do any good, so far as show times are concerned, or
will they probably bloom too late for shows wherever they are?

Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac in Viriginia, zone 6/7