Re: Re:Green Iris

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re:Green Iris
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:23:50 -0500

Carryl writes:

>I really do not understand why someone would go to all the work of
>hybridizing a green flower--of any variety--stems and leaves are
>green-usually--isn't that enough?  Why not try for RED IRIS

I like green anything.  Maybe from living in an area where too often
everything gets parched brown.  I left my weeds far too long this year
because I was enjoying their green after the drought last summer.  I think
it would be hard for me to get enough green.  But I like red too.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7, USA