Re: HYB: CULT: Very late bloomers

  • Subject: Re: HYB: CULT: Very late bloomers
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:24:47 -0400

Griff, in east Tennessee, there are two iris clubs with shows usually a
week apart.  We have a few members in both clubs.  Late bloomers would
probably be welcomed by club members in the southern club wanting to
show in the northern one.  I suspect there are similar situations in
other regions with variable elevation & other microclimate effects.  Add
to that the year to year variation in peak bloom time & they will
probably be in bloom for show time somewhere.

<Friends -- Among the seedlings I am in the process of registering
this year are a few that are very late bloomers.  By very late, I
mean late May after our local shows are over.  ... So, my question is
whether sending them to any other part of the country will do any good,
so far as show times are concerned, or will they probably bloom too late
for shows wherever they are? Griff Crump, along the tidal Potomac in
Viriginia, zone 6/7 jgcrump@erols.com>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8