Why Round Up? Why not Vinegar?

  • Subject: Why Round Up? Why not Vinegar?
  • From: acermay@gateway.net
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 05:25:54 -0000

Hi all,
Have any of you tried the vinegar based products on the market?
There is one by Bioganic (biconet.com carries it) that is vinegar and
clove oil.  The other is Burnout (biconet.com also carries) that is
citric acid and vinegar.
I use both in my organic landscape maintenance business and am very
happy with the results.
The vinegar based products have the same "usage requirements" as
Round-up, as far as sunlight and temperature needs, end up breaking
down to simple sugars that nourish micro organisms and have none of
the controversial "inert" ingredients that Round Up has.
When we get to job sites that have weeds in the cracks of pavers
etc... we 1st spray them, then do the maintenance on the rest of the
yard.  When we're finished, if it's a sunny day, we can sweep up the
crispy weeds that we sprayed with Bioganic's spray.
So, just curious if you have used them...
Peace C-