Re: Pictures of green irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Pictures of green irises
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 13:57:46 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Weber <martweb@gmx.net>
To: iris-talk@yahoogroups.com <iris-talk@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2001 2:42 PM
Subject: [iris-talk] Pictures of green irises

>Does someone have pictures green TB like and other:

There is a really good photo of BAYBERRY CANDLE on the Historic Iris web
page:

http//www.worldiris.com/public_html/Frame_pages/QFix.html

I don't know of any on the others.  I know the photo that appears of PRIDE
OF IRELAND in the fall catalog of Wayside Gardens is not accurate as it
grows here.  It wasn't anywhere near as green as the catalog photo or their
description allows.  My rhizomes, for the record, did not come from them as
the source, but from Sutton's Green Thumber.  Mike might say how green it
appears in California.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7, USA