TB: Green Iris

  • Subject: TB: Green Iris
  • From: vince lewonski <vincelewonski@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net> wrote:
> Sterling Innerst has a new green Iris which actually
> appears green--we saw
> it in the garden during the AIS Meeting

   V. sez:
   You were lucky then - it hadn't opened when I was there
on the 2nd day. That was Sterling's big disappointment of
the convention - he was so hoping it would be open for
people to see. There was a 10' row, filled with stalks,
lots of buds ready to pop - and nothing!
   BTW, the name of this is ARE YOU LONESOME. The parentage
is interesting - it is BEFORE THE STORM (black self) x
EVELYN'S ECHO (purple self). He was hoping to get a black
iris out of the cross.Best laid plans, and all that sort of
   I used to grow PRIDE OF IRELAND, but it was such a muddy
color that I got rid of it, even though it was a very
vigorous grower. Only green iris I have is the SDB IRISH
MOSS, which has a nice shade of green for the fall spot.

Vince Lewonski
Secane, Pennsylvania, USA Zone 6b
And Lo, for the Earth was empty of form, and void.
And Darkness was all over the Face of the Deep.
And We said:
'Look at that sucker DANCE!!!'

Do You Yahoo!?