Re: CULT: Potted Irises on Tours

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Potted Irises on Tours
  • From: iriscrazy@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 00:36:41 EDT

There are no rules that potted irises cannot be viewed on a tour.  But, there
is a rule that "guest irises" from hybridizers should be planted in the
ground.

According to the AIS Convention Handbook (1984) - Code of Ethics #4 "All
guest irises will be planted at least two feet apart in well-tended beds."
Of course, these are the rules for an AIS National Convention, but I would
hope that all Regional Spring Meetings showing guest irises also follow the
Code of Ethics for the sake of all the hybridizers who provide guest irises.

There are two pages in the section on "Tour Gardens" that include
"Suggestions for Tour Garden Owners," "The Code of Ethics," and the "Duties,
Obligations and Rules for Tour Garden Owners."  Hybridizers expect their
guest irises to be handled and cared for according to these rules.

Ann Cline
Royal Oak Michigan
Region 6
With all the rain we've had, I have more weeds than irises.
I'm always looking for volunteers to weed.