RE: TB: blue-green irises

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] TB: blue-green irises
  • From: John Reeds <jreeds@microsensors.com>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:21:00 -0700

Navajo Jewel has never looked green to me.  It is a pale sky-blue
"turquoise" (great milky color, not a shiny finish), best when it opens
indoors or on a cloudy day.  Not a strong grower for me despite large
rhizomes, it often lost all its roots for six months at a time, and could be
rot prone.  Monty Byers' Sea World was supposed to be a blue-green (also
pale), what it had was a faint yellowish tint to the veins (NOT a
luminata-style veining) in a blue-white flower (pale pale blue plus a faint
yellowish overlay really did not equal blue-green.  Willowmist (SDB) was
indeed a sort of lichen green with blue-lavender beards.  A couple of other
SDB's were also supposed to be blue-green (Haven, Azure something-or-other),
but I never saw them.  Haven sounded great.  Anyone know it?

John Reeds