Re: CULT: Diseased TB?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Diseased TB?
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 17:22:19 -0500

What you describe has the all the symptoms of the dreaded iris disease, scorch, for which is there is no known cause and no proven cure that works everywhere.  The only symptom that doesn't sound like scorch is that you describe the roots as looking healthy, but I venture to guess that in a fairly short time those roots will shrivel and die, too.  Various methods have been tried to save plants that get scorch, but the ones I've heard about take so long to be effective (to the point that the plant will not only live but bloom again) that one is usually better off just getting rid of the diseased plant and buying another one.  I'm trying to save little pieces of scorch-afflicted plants now, but I think it is really a waste of time and effort, especially there is no guarantee they will survive anywayl.

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250
e-mail  koekkoek@mtcnet.net