Re: CULT: Diseased TB?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Diseased TB?
  • From: storylade@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:43:53 EDT

B.J., I agree with Arnold that it appears to be scorch.  In all my years of
raising irises I've only seen it on three different plants in two different
years.  The first time it hit two clumps in the same section of the garden,
about 30 feet apart. About 4 years later it hit a seedling clump in an upper
bed.

I was afraid the problem would spread--I didn't know how it occurred,
bacteria, spores, etc..  In both cases, I left it alone and healthy irises
eventually grew back.

Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Only those who dare to dream can make a dream come true.