Re: TB: blue-green irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] TB: blue-green irises
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:18:37 -0500

NAVAJO JEWEL is beautiful when it blooms here, but frankly shows no hint of
turquoise or green, just a really nice shade of of pale, pale blue.  John
Reed's description of SEE WORLD is perfect as it grows here.  A neutral
color for an iris if there ever was one.  And don't acquire ROYAL TARA with
its description of 'uranium green' expecting green either.  I don't know
what shade uranium green is, but it's sure not green as I know it.  The
effect of RT is cream, with light yellowish tan markings on the shoulder and
in the heart a bit.  It's a pretty plant that LOVES the heat and sun here.
I moved it to a cooler spot where it didn't get baked and the soil retained
moisture longer.   It wasn't nearly as happy, so it got switched back.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7, USA