Little Rock Blooms in 2002

  • Subject: Little Rock Blooms in 2002
  • From: tomd@cals.lib.ar.us
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:14:52 -0600

Hello Iris Listers:

As secretary of the Society for Louisiana Irises, please allow me to extend
an invitation to each of you to attend the SLI national convention next
year in Little Rock.  It will be the weekend of May 3-5, only one week
after the AIS convention in nearby Memphis...Little Rock is a 2-hour drive
from Memphis on Interstate 30.

We have arranged six outstanding gardens for the tour on Friday, May 3.
They range from a small urban garden in the historic Hillcrest neighborhood
to a large property in the country near Carlisle, Ark.

Additionally, there will be silent auctions, live auctions, receptions,
judging schools, various symposia, and we are negotiating with the famed
(fabled?) MARIA BREVICAULIS, the great soprano, to come out of her
self-imposed retirement and give a performance.  Oh, did I mention we will
have a good time???

Mark your calendars...May 3-5, next year!

Tom W. Dillard, Curator
Butler Center for Arkansas Studies
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock Street