Re: CULT: Diseased TB?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] CULT: Diseased TB?
  • From: Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@mtcnet.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:46:02 -0500

Betty, and others who haven't had much problem with scorch:  count yourselves extremely blessed!  It was bad last summer and fall here in the Region 21 area (IA, NE, SD, ND) and we all blamed the unusually mild winter followed by extra dry summer and fall.  Well, this year it is even worse, following a very cold, icy, snowy winter, and wet spring.  I lost about 20 plants, but I know others who lost much more, especially in the Lincoln and Omaha areas of Nebraska.  Translate very much as "several dozen, or even 100s".  It's been a major topic of conversation at every iris meeting, local club or regional, that I've attended in about the last year.
Arnold

Arnold & Carol Koekkoek
38 7th Street, NE
Sioux Center, IA 51250