RE:PHOTO:Digital camera vs Digital Camcorder

  • Subject: RE:PHOTO:Digital camera vs Digital Camcorder
  • From: "Iris Moose" <irismoose@daylily.net>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 18:29:10 -0400

I use the Nikon Coolpix 950 digital camera.  I have used and prefer the
newer 990 Coolpix but if I were to buy a new digital camera today then I
would get the newest Nikon Coolpix 995.  I have some of my iris digital
photography on my iris site at http://daylily.net/irismoose/

I believe there are several outstanding digital cameras in the $1000 range
so check out the exact features of each one to determine what is best for
you.

I use the Sony TRV-900 digital camcorder for making daylily garden videos.
I just completed 4 new videos in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.  This
weekend I am off to Cincinnati for more digital video making of gardens.  I
have not used the still picture feature yet.  This camera uses the miniDV
tapes for video and the sony memory sticks for stills.  I will be plugging
my camera into my Voodoo 5 video card on this computer to capture some still
images.  I expect the quality to be high since the camera is 3CCD.

To get the specs. on these cameras you should visit http://www.nikon.com and
http://www.sony.com

Even if you have good picture taking equipment you still need a good program
for your digital images.  For preparing images for websites and computer
screens the only program I use is Macromedia Fireworks 4.  Visit
http://www.macromedia.com for information regarding Fireworks.  While
visiting the Macromedia site I also recommend you check out the Dreamweaver
section if you have any interest in web design programs.

Hope this info. is helpful.

Respectfully,

Iris Moose
Wake Forest, NC