Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides
  • From: acermay@gateway.net
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 04:20:06 -0000

Hi Arnold,

You can use straight white vinegar as an all purpose herbicide, or
get a concentrated vinegar from a German deli for pickling and use
that (much more effective).  What I use in my business, I have an
organic landscape company outside Chgo, is Bioganic Weed and Grass
Killer in premixed spray bottles, for small jobs.  It's other
ingredient, Eugenol, is clove oil.  Somehow this one is really
effective- but I do mean REALLY, so watch what you spray with it. I
sprayed dandilions in lawns and w/in a few hours the flowers had
closed up and the leaves wilted dramatically.  Two days afterwards,
they were brown (and the surrounding grass as well) I dug up the
roots to look at them, they were soggy and dead.   Also Burn-out
herbicide, a concentrate that you mix yourself  is citric acid and
concentrated vinegar. Best for large areas- patios- applied with a
pump sprayer. Both are available thru biconet.com (the biocontrol
network)
They have the same requirements as round up, above 65 degrees, sunny
environs are best, rain free for the day.
Peace- Connie C

 --- In iris-talk@y..., Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@m...> wrote:
> I'd like to know more about these. I've never heard of them
before.  Where do you buy them?  Is the use the same as Roundup, that
is, kills everything it touches, no soil residues, etc.   They sound
good to me.