RE: Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides

  • Subject: RE: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides
  • From: "McCullough, Greg" <icity@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:06:33 -0500

I am the Chief Financial Officer of Bioganic Safety Brands, Inc.(and it's
parent company EcoSMART Technologies, Inc). You can find our products (just
introduced last year) in most of the major chains including WalMart, Home
Depot, Lowes, CVS Pharmacy, most grocery chains, etc. If the Bioganic line
isn't there DEMAND that the store stock it. :) We manufacture and distribute
products whose primary active ingredients are plant essential oils such as
clove and peppermint. Our main products are insecticides and herbicides, but
we also have a DEET free insect repellent called SHOOBUG. Our advertisements
are running nationwide on television and our national spokesperson is Jane
Seymour (Dr. Quinn, medicine-woman). My opinion (and the reason I joined
this company) is that our technology will revolutionize the pesticide
industry in the coming years. Our web pages are down right now, but I'll let
you know when they're back up so you can read up on the technology.

Greg McCullough
Iris City Gardens (my other full-time job)
Primm Springs, TN USA (just southwest of Nashville)
zone 6

Hi Arnold,

You can use straight white vinegar as an all purpose herbicide, or
get a concentrated vinegar from a German deli for pickling and use
that (much more effective).  What I use in my business, I have an
organic landscape company outside Chgo, is Bioganic Weed and Grass
Killer in premixed spray bottles, for small jobs.  It's other
ingredient, Eugenol, is clove oil.  Somehow this one is really
effective- but I do mean REALLY, so watch what you spray with it. I
sprayed dandilions in lawns and w/in a few hours the flowers had
closed up and the leaves wilted dramatically.  Two days afterwards,
they were brown (and the surrounding grass as well) I dug up the
roots to look at them, they were soggy and dead.   Also Burn-out
herbicide, a concentrate that you mix yourself  is citric acid and
concentrated vinegar. Best for large areas- patios- applied with a
pump sprayer. Both are available thru biconet.com (the biocontrol
They have the same requirements as round up, above 65 degrees, sunny
environs are best, rain free for the day.
Peace- Connie C

 --- In iris-talk@y..., Arnold Koekkoek <koekkoek@m...> wrote:
> I'd like to know more about these. I've never heard of them
before.  Where do you buy them?  Is the use the same as Roundup, that
is, kills everything it touches, no soil residues, etc.   They sound
good to me.