Re: CULT: Diseased TB?

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Diseased TB?
  • From: "Barbara-Jean (BJ) Jackson" <jacksonb@brandonu.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:25:12 -0000

Good morning everyone.

Just a note of thanks to all who suggested the problem with this iris
is scorch.  It looked somewhat like the pics from the link that El C.
sent except that all the orangey/yellow foliage was still standing
tall.  Given time I expect it would have fallen over, too.  I had
originally thought of scorch when I saw what was happening to it but
the healthy appearing roots threw me off.  I will now keep an eye on
it to see if the roots remain healthy.  Because it is a favorite of
mine, I will keep it and see what it does next year.  I, too, was
under the impression that scorch was a problem only for more southern
growers but I guess not since this experience.  Now, if I ever see an
iris borer I think I'll move to Alaska!  <bg>

BJ in SW MB
Canadian Prairies
Zone 3ish