Re: CULT: Growing tall bearded Iris in pots

  • Subject: Re: CULT: Growing tall bearded Iris in pots
  • From: lmmunro@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 16:12:30 -0000

Regarding the following statement, I don't understand.
 I'm in agreement that pot culture is more difficult.
> Betty / Bowling Green KY USA  Zone 6
Why is it more difficult??

So far, my plants in the pots on the deck are pest free, healthy and
 I am even going to have a bloom in July on one TB!
While the ones in the ground have some brown spots, iris borers get
them, and I  see some other strange beasties wandering in and about
Of course, I haven't tried wintering them yet...so I don't know for
sure if this 'experiment' will work.
No matter what, I will continue to work on improving the conditions
of the ones in the ground... and hopefully continue to keep some in