Re: Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Vinegar-based herbicides
  • From: "Mike Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:49:46 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "McCullough, Greg" <icity@msn.com>
To: <iris-talk@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 11:53 AM

> ingredient, Eugenol, is clove oil.  Somehow this one is really

 I am a printer by trade 40+ years and we use Eugenol to keep the ink from
drying when the press is down and other times. The dentist also puts this in
the cavity before filling a tooth and other things. Eugenol has been for
years been used for toothach medicine, creates a numbing effect.

This is to warn that Eugenol can be dangerous if not used safely. I am
refering to full strength. It can burn a blister on tender skin.  One of my
coworkers got some in his eye and had a blister and lots of pain. It is not
eazy to remove when you get it on you. Soap and water doesnot do it
waterless hand cleaner works better.

I am wondering what percentage is used in these sprays.
Maybe it is not enough to cause problems.

Mike Greenfield
redear@infinet.com
SW Ohio Zone 5b