Re: Re: CULT: Diseased TB?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] Re: CULT: Diseased TB?
  • From: "wmoores" <wmoores@watervalley.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:50:45 -0500
On 27 Jun 01, at 18:37, patsiris@aol.com wrote:

> I have been told that one should cut apart sections of a clump of iris
> periodically so that if the iris gets scorch, all of it will not be
> affected.
>   When one of my three year clumps came down with it several years ago,
>   part
> of it that wasn't connected to the
> sick side remained fine and still is.
  Pat, do you remember Dr. Denman?

 Years ago, he taught all of us in the FWIS to get down on our hands and
knees in October and crawl all through the garden with a sharp knife,
separating rhizomes in clumps to prevent total loss from scorch.  It
works.  It is rare to lose an entire clump  to scorch if the rhizomes
have been separated.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8