Re: REF:Sunset Western Garden Book

  • Subject: Re: [iris-talk] REF:Sunset Western Garden Book
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:25:13 -0700

John Reeds wrote:
> With the discussions of books lately, I consider a non-iris-specific garden
> book worth a mention.  Most of us in California consider the Sunset Western
> Garden Book (updated annually) as a reference "bible" on almost everything
> (in the way of plants) that can be grown in the western USA.

And, if you buy the book, you can get the CDROM (MS Win only, at least
when I got mine a few years ago) at a very reasonable price. It has at
least most of the data in the book, plus more pix, pronunciations, and
search capability.

Very highly recommended.

Gerry Snyder, AIS Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19